Tuesday 16 September 2014

Dead Silence

As I've said before I'm not too keep on modern horrors as its all the same unscary crap, designed to make you feel adrenalin rather than fear. It also appears to be the exact same story over and over again which is obviously boring. I quite enjoyed Dead Silence though, possessed dolls is a concept I've not seen done in a while and they've done it pretty well in this. The movie does feel very low budget though but that might be a good thing as this has made them show less of the monster/ ghost until later on. The acting isn't the best in the world though, at least not from the living but it sure as hell isn't the worst. There's also a pretty cool twist in this movie though I did guess it straight away it was still pretty awesome.


I've also never found dolls or clowns scary, not even in horror movies and the same goes for this movie. I've always loved clowns and ventriloquists, don't get me wrong I do love modern comedy too but sometimes you can't beat a bit of the old fashioned stuff. I did however find the dolls pretty cool and that probably means if you find dolls creepy it would scare you.

Billy
The ghost is pretty awesome looking too and the ghostly bits are done pretty well, there's still the odd jumpy bit but they've still done creepy right. I also love the whole eerie silence (where the movie gets its name) when the ghostly woman is about to show up. It's cool and freaky.


There's also a hot lady in this though she's not on screen often. Amber Valletta is Ella Ashen, the leads tasty step-mum.


I think this would be a cool concept for a horror game, going around a haunted village destroying ventriloquist dolls to weaken an evil spirit. It would have the potential to scare the crap out of anyone. It would have to be more like Beyond Two Souls than any other game cause action would just take away from the creepiness.


No comments:

Post a Comment