Friday 26 September 2014

Buffy the Vampire Slayer


I think everyone that was a teenager in the late 90s and early 00s watched at least a bit of Buffy. To be honest more girls than guys and most guys probably just started watching it thanks to the large number of hot ladies in it. I was one of the people that watched it from the first episode as I was a fan of the movie.


To start with I was a bit disappointed that Kristy Swanson wasn't in it but I don't think she would have been right for the TV show even anywhere near as popular as Sarah Michelle Gellar. I think every guy my age has had at least one fantasy involving Sarah Michelle Gellar.


This show wasn't limited in hotness though, it was full of hot ladies, some even hotter than Buffy herself. My personal favourite and one of my top women of all time is Michelle Trachtenberg who played her little sister Dawn. Granted Dawn was always annoying but she was also always hot and I enjoyed that she was the same age as me.


I've mentioned in the past how exceptionally hot I find Alyson Hannigan and I don't think there's an alternative teenager, male or female, from the Buffy era that didn't have a crush on or at least love for Willow.


Another personal favourite of mine was Amber Benson as Tara. She had a great look and style about her, she was very similar to the girls I liked in real life back then.


Then there was the favourite of all the guys that liked to think they were 'bad boys', Eliza Dushku. I think Faith was supposed to come across as a rock 'n' roll bad-ass but she was just kinda annoying and it was satisfying every time Buffy kicked her ass. She was and is very hot though.


Emma Caulfield as Anya was mainly comedy relief as she was a demon trying to adjust to human life. She was, however, also very hot. She might have been one ugly-ass demon but she was one jaw-droppingly beautiful human.


Last but not least was Charisma Carpenter who played the bitchy chick Cordelia. To be honest I didn't like her at all the first time I watched Buffy. I started to really like her when she was in Angel though. I think that's a tribute to her acting as I was put off her so much due to her being a dick then having a massive crush on her when she redeems herself.


There's a lot to like about Buffy too, other than hot ladies. The writing was fantastic as it had you laughing as much as it had the wife crying. I love the humor of this show. There's so much cool about it too from monsters and demons to weapons and robots. I also love the way the vampires look in this show, their take on vampires was fresh and original. It's a shame Twilight has spoiled the worlds view of vampires just as much as this show made them seem cool again.


If you like shows like Supernatural and haven't seen this yet I highly recommend watching it.


No comments:

Post a Comment