Sunday 23 November 2014

Doom 3 BFG Edition

I remember playing Doom 3 when it first came out on a friend's X-box. I didn't have one as I was a skint student. I've played it again pretty recently and it's still a great game to play. I love how it feels like the original game but with better graphics. It's also still able to give you a few jumps. This edition is amazing as it has Doom, Ultimate Doom, Doom 2, Doom 2's expansion No Rest for the Wicked, Doom 3 and both of Doom 3's expansion packs,Resurrection of Evil and The Lost Mission.


I love the enemies in the game too, the imps in particular look creepy as hell and they are the source of most of the scares in the game as they have a tendency to jump out at you from behind doors, around corners and from holes in the walls, floors and ceilings.


Then there's the final boss in the game, the updated version of the Cyberdemon looks bad ass. It's a lot easier than the original Cyberdemon though.


I loved Resurrection of Evil too, it's always awesome being able to kill a Hell Knight with one punch and the artifact you find in the beginning of the game allows you to do that.


I much prefer the Forgotten Souls to the Lost Souls as they look more like the Lost Souls from the old games plus a flaming horned skull is much cooler than a human head with rockets on it.


The Hunter boss battles were pretty good too, they look like pimped-out Hell Knights.


I also loved the lost mission as it felt more like Doom 3 but had all the tweaks from Resurrection of Evil.


If you're a youngster wondering what all the fuss was about or just want to feel nostalgic then you should try this out. You can get it for Xbox 360, PS3 or on Steam.


No comments:

Post a Comment