Sunday 26 October 2014

Killzone


I've mentioned before that one of my favourite games is Killzone for the PS2. It's one of the few games I've played more than once all the way through and it's also the first game I played where I enjoyed the multi-player just as much as the campaign (I've never been big on multi-player). I loved the ISA in this, they are exactly how you'd expect the future of Earth's military to look. I also much preferred going the ISA in the multi-player as the Helghast where more of a challenge to fight against.

Jan Templar
One of the best things about this game was the ISA spy and half-Helghast Gregor Hakha. He was pretty damn cool and proved time and time again to the distrusting ISA soldiers that he was 100% on their side. As far as I can remember he was the first character like this I had seen in a game. It was pretty well done.


Another awesome thing about this game is this was the first time I recognized a big actor in a video game role. Brian Cox voiced the Helghan leader Scolar Visari. This is probably my favourite example of a movie actor appearing in a video game.


Speaking of the Helghast, they look amazing too. Even the lowly grunts look cool as hell with their black, gas-masked armour with the glowing red eyes. They sure are an iconic group of bad guys.


If you like first person shooters and love killing Nazis but are bored with the WWII setting then why not kill these space Nazis.


No comments:

Post a Comment