Tuesday 12 August 2014

X-Men: First Class

X-Men: First Class is, as we say in Scotland, pure class. It's a great movie and a fantastic origin story for Magneto and Professor X. I also love that it's got Banshee in it and that it has the original Beast (basically just a dude with gorilla shaped feet) turn into the new-age Beast (basically anime Beast). It also pleases me that they have went with the blue and yellow suits too, I think we are thankfully past the stage were every superhero is re-modeled in black leather though I did like Anna Paquin and Ellen Page in it. They have definitely redeemed themselves with this movie.


Azazel looks great in this and is just as awesome as Nightcrawler in X2.


Also Emma Frost looks fantastic in her diamond form too, and in case you're wondering she's wearing a lot more in this film than she does in the comics.


She's played by the lovely January Jones, you might know her from Mad Men, I just know her from this and lads mags to be honest.


I like how they kept Mystique the same but obviously made her look younger (her eyes and skin are brighter and her pointy bits are less... well pointy).


 I also like how it gave me another excuse to check out pictures of Jennifer Lawrence.


The awesome Rose Byrne is Moira MacTaggert, who I remember as being a unnecessary, useless and crap character in the 1990s cartoon X-Men: The Animated Series. This version is pretty alright though.


We also have ZoĆ« Kravitz, the super hot daughter of the legendary Lenny Kravitz, plays Angel.


The action in this is fantastic by the way, have a look.


No comments:

Post a Comment