Friday 23 January 2015

Murdered: Soul Suspect


Murdered: Soul Suspect is exactly the kind of game I've been wanting to play for years. I remember playing an online game with a similar concept a few years ago and wanting more but the sequel never came out (I wish I could remember what it was called). I love the game play in this and the atmosphere was awesome, even though I was a ghost myself I still found myself crapping myself every now and then. The game could have used more things to poltergeist about and more interaction with other ghosts and the living but it's still awesome anyway, even though it feels unfinished somehow. As I said the concept is awesome, being a ghost and working with a medium to solve a serial killer case that just so happens to be the case you died investigating. The main characters are pretty likable too though are a bit stereotypical.


I also love the look of the killer in this, basic generic white male with black hoodie and you never see his face. Basically the description most people give when attacked and they don't recognize the guy.


The creepiest thing about this game is the demons. Yes the float about like a dancing goth girl but I've never panicked so much playing a game that wasn't made by Telltale Games before.


The main problem I have with this game is that it wasn't long enough, it was a good length for a game but I could have played it for much longer than it lasted. Let's hope there's another one with either more choice or more free-roaming.


No comments:

Post a Comment