Sunday 25 January 2015

Flash Gordon (1980)

Every now and then I like to re-watch an old old movie and do a piece on that. This time I decided to do Flash Gordon as he saved every one of us. The effects obviously don't hold up today but it still looks pretty good. Plus Queen did the soundtrack.


Everything about this movie looks fun and cool, including Flash himself. He was one of my idols growing up. I love that gold sword.


Then there's the best thing about the movie: Brian Blessed as the viking (I love a viking) like bird-man.


The Emperor Ming is a pretty cool too but my favourite bad guy's the gold Dr Doom looking dude.


Just like all sci-fis back then, there's a beautiful woman than needs rescuing, then when you get to her it turns out she doesn't actually need rescuing, she just needs a gun. Dale Arden played by Melody Anderson, I had a crush on her when I was a kid.


Ornella Muti as Princess Aura was pretty awesome too.


Gordon's alive!


No comments:

Post a Comment