Saturday 30 August 2014

The Smashing Pumpkins


I've liked The Smashing Pumpkins for a while though I must admit the only reason I started listening to them was to impress this hot girl I knew when I was in college. Granted Billy Corgan's voice would probably annoy more people than would like it but I think it fits well with the music.


The band has also had quite a number of attractive women in it. Lets face it, if I was in charge of anything in the media, it too would have a number of attractive women in it, whether it's a band, TV show or magazine.

The first was D'arcy Wretzky, unfortunately she has had a problem with drugs and has spent time in jail.


Then there was Melissa Auf der Maur who now has a successful solo career, her album Out Of Our Minds won best Indie/Alternative/Hard Rock Album in 2011.


Lisa Harriton played keyboards for the band for three years, she can now be seen as a solo artist by the name of Elle Rae or in the band Diamond Baby.


Ginger Pooley was also in the band for three years before leaving to start a family. She's been known to make guest appearances with The Smashing Pumpkins from time to time.


A personal favourite, thanks to her old school pin-up style is Nicole Fiorentino. She is currently concentrating on the alternative rock band The Cold and the Lovely and may return to The Smashing Pumpkins in the future.


My favourite song is still Bullet with Butterfly Wings.


1 comment:

  1. Great stuff on Smashing Pumpkins! My all time fav & you did it proper! Much respect - Thank You

    ReplyDelete