Friday 8 August 2014

Alien

Alien is one of the movies that I grew up with and that I still watch now and then. It still excites me a bit when the camera focuses on the helmet and the computer starts up, reflected in the visor. The whole movie is awesome, even long before the alien is involved. The characters are all pretty cool too and the whole movie feels pretty realistic; the way they spend most of the begging of the movie drinking coffee and every question is answered like it's all about business. These days even the normal stuff people do in movies is over the top and epic looking and every thing is answered with witty comments or an unnecessarily long explanation.


The alien is pretty awesome looking too when it shows up, it was and is still a perfect design for a deadly alien. The bit with the alien in the vents is fantastic.


The scene at the end of the movie is something that's stayed with me since I was a young boy. Always loved this scene and didn't realize why until I was a teenager. Sigourney Weaver really was smoking hot back then.


It's so easy to watch this over and over again.


No comments:

Post a Comment