Wednesday 4 November 2015

Star Wars: The Force Awakens


Now I don't tend to do trailers other than share it and point out how cool it is (rarely) but I was asked to do a post on the third Star Wars: The Force Awakens trailer and I thought, what the hell it's special. Now when people first heard about Disney buying Star Wars and that they were going to start making a movie straight away everyone else was all angry/ scared. Angry because nerd rage and scared as they automatically thought of the Lion King, Little Mermaid, Micky Mouse etc and they instantly thought of Disney as an evil corporation who were going to ruin the franchise even more than the prequels did. I on the other had was pleased to here of Disney purchasing some of my childhood memories as not only do Disney do the rare thing and give the fans what they want, they also have a lot of great live action titles under their belt that a lot of people forget are Disney movies: movies like The Rocketeer, 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea, The Mighty Ducks movies, National Treasure, Tron and who can forget The Pirates of the Caribbean and The Marvel Cinematic Universe movies. In short my hopes are up for the new movie.



Another reason we should be happy that these movies are going to be made by Disney is that the Star Wars franchise has always been first and foremost for kids. This is something the enraged super-fans always forget. Even the first three movies were made by companies who's target audience is young children and everything Star Wars is made with 10 year olds and the stuff 10 year olds like in mind. There's no one that does a better job of making kids movies that adults like than Disney and that's exactly what we want from a Star Wars movie. A movie we can take our kids, grand kids, nieces and nephews to see without being bored as our parents did with us with the previous movies. Judging from the trailers that's what we're going to get.


As for the trailer itself it's fantastic, it doesn't get me as excited as the second trailer did but it still makes my inner kid bubble to the surface. They've teased all the right stuff, especially the Millennium Falcon and the old characters. It doesn't shadow the new stuff too much though, the new heroes seem like I could back them easy and the villain looks so good, kinda like the Sith from the Knights of the Old Republic games. I'm a big fan of the way this movie looks so far: everything feels new and cool but at the same time there's no mistaking that you are seeing some Star Wars here. Also: Stormtroopers, they are probably the source of my obsession with white military equipment and are probably my favourite thing about Star Wars in general.


One thing's for sure: I'll be seeing this in the cinema, I can't wait to see this and I hope that it's going to be as good as it looks.

Click the banner for the trailer.

No comments:

Post a Comment