Sunday 21 December 2014

Top 5 Christmas Movies

At this time of year there's masses and masses of extremely crap movies on TV. It would appear that the only quality these movies need to make it on is to be set at Christmas time. You can tell most of them are filmed in LA during the summer as no attempt has been made at all to even decorate the sets. There are, however, a lot of good festive films too. This is my personal top 5.

5. Deck the Halls,
Deck the Halls is one of my favourite more recent movies. Everything about it feels like the movies I grew up with from the small town setting to the slapstick hijinks.


4. Jingle All The Way,
This was my favourite Christmas movie growing up. I remember wishing that Turbo-Man was a real toy I even liked Booster.


3. Elf,
Elf is one of the best modern comedies never mind Christmas movies. It just feels a bit weird if you watch it in the summer, I still have done though.


2. Hogfather,
I love Discworld novels and my love for the stories only got stronger seeing them in live action as I'm a massive movie/ TV geek. This is a great alternative take on the classic 'save Christmas' story.


1. Bad Santa,
Bad Santa has been my favourite Christmas movie since it's release in 2003. I was a typical Christmas hating grumpy teenager back then and loved the whole feck Christmas side of this movie. These days, thanks to my level-headedness that comes with maturing,  I love this movie for its redemption storyline.


No comments:

Post a Comment