Sunday 21 December 2014

Hogfather

I'm a big Terry Pratchett fan and I was over the moon when I heard they were making a live action adaptation of one of the Discworld novels. I remember being like a kid on Christmas watching this the first time.


This book and the film would be nothing without Death and Albert (Death's butler). The Grim Reaper and his man-servant filling the role of the Hogfather (their version of Santa) and his little helper is one of the funniest things ever.


One of my favourite actors is Marc Warren and he is super-creepy as the manic assassin Mr Teatime. That's Te-ah-tim-eh by the way, not Tea time. ;-)


The hero of this film is the extremely awesome no-nonsense granddaughter of Death, Susan. She's played by the jaw-droppingly beautiful Michelle Dockery.


If you want to watch something different at Christmas and you love fantasy and get British humor then you should give this a watch if you haven't already.


No comments:

Post a Comment