Sunday 26 October 2014

Hocus Pocus

I don't tend to like movies like this. To be honest I think most of them are out right crap but my girlfriend watches Hocus Pocus a few times every year coming up to Halloween and I'm still not bored with the movie. The story is pretty good and the over-the-top-90s feel is hilarious.


I think the main reason this movie is good and will withstand the test of time is Bette Midler, Sarah Jessica Parker and Kathy Najimy as the witches Winifred, Sarah and Mary Sanderson.


One thing this movie does is confuse the hell out of me, I don't really find Sarah Jessica Parker attractive but I find myself enchanted by Sarah in this (pun intended).


Talking about attraction the female protagonist and love interest of the male protagonist in this is played by Vinessa Shaw, I liked her back when I was a teenager and she looks even better now.


I personally thing Billy is one of the best looking fantasy zombies ever, he would fit in well in Fable or the Discworld. I guarantee some goths that grew up watching this used him as inspiration for their day-to-day style. I love the sewn-shut mouth.


I really don't mind watching this to keep my other half happy.


No comments:

Post a Comment