Wednesday 24 September 2014

The Saboteur


The Saboteur is a great game, one of my favourites in the past few years. I'm just annoyed it took me so long to get round to playing it. Although glitchy at times the game play is fantastic. I couldn't help but notice though that the game felt a bit dated after playing games like Far Cry 3 and GTA 5. A sequel of this game would do well on next-gen consoles I think. To be honest I don't think it needs a sequel just like awesome one off movies but unlike the movies it would be pretty amazing to have a sequel. The story was bloody fantastic too though it was a bit anti anticlimactic, could have used a little more fighting on the way to the end. It doesn't take away from the game though, I'm sure if I played this game when it first came out I would have felt differently about the ending. The only complaint I have about this game is the same as I have for all games like this; I hate racing in games that aren't racing games. I can't stand when a role playing game or a FPS is interrupted by non-optional racing. Especially in games like GTA where you are supposed to be a bad ass mutherf****r that doesn't play by the rules... unless someone says you can't have my car unless you race for it, just shoot him and take it. The racing in this isn't anywhere near as annoying as the GTA and Saints Row racing though and it looks pretty cool too.


Until you start winning and everything starts looking normal the whole game looks stunning with its Sin City style black and white with red and blue as well as lights and peoples eyes being in colour. Some scenes really do look breathtaking and dare I utter the word, stylish. I wouldn't mind having some of the scenes in this as posters or even framed on the wall.


This game is worth getting, it's easy to get into and there's plenty of funny bits. Plus everyone loves killing Nazis.


No comments:

Post a Comment