Friday 26 September 2014

Maleficent

First thing I must say is in a way I was disappointed with Maleficent as I was expecting a movie similar to the Chronicles of Narnia franchise. That aside I quite liked the movie though the whole thing felt very girly and was just a live action princess movie, which it was supposed to be obviously. I wouldn't mind watching this again in the future though as amongst all the girly stuff there was some cool looking beasts and bad ass fights scattered through the movie.


Love her or hate her Angelina Jolie is going to go down in history as one hell of an actress. Yes she's been in a lot of terrible movies but she's also been in enough great movies to counter act the crappy ones. This movie is, even though it's not really my type of movie despite the fantasy, is one of the good movies, she's great in this.


I think she might have gotten hotter in the past few years. Although she normally looks great in real life she looks awesomely freaky in this and quite close to the classic cartoon character.


The very hot Ella Purnell also made a perfect young Angelina Jolie never mind Maleficent.



As I said, the beasts looks pretty awesome too. I personally love the way Diaval looks in this; whether he's in dragon, wolf or horse form there's always a hint of raven about him and even his human form has a beak shaped nose and bumpy bird feet like skin. I don't think most of the target audience would have noticed that but I thought it was a nice touch.


Being a man (women probably like the 'cute' faeries), my favourite creatures are definitely the warrior tree people. They were bad-ass.


I did like one of the faeries though, or at least her human form: it's always a pleasant surprise to me and some time the only reason I watch some movies to have Juno Temple in it. She's always great to watch and not just because she's lovely but she's always either cool or funny.


Another awesomely lovely woman is in this movie although it is only for one scene. Hannah New of Black Sails fame is Queen Leah, Aurora's mother.


One of my favourite things about this whole movie is the armour King Stefan wears near the end of the movie. It's probably one of the best movie armours ever, it just looks so bad-ass.


This movie might just be a live action Disney princess movie but it's still worth a watch, it looks fantastic.


No comments:

Post a Comment